How long do I have to wait to get waxed if I had just shaved?
We get asked this question all the time and typically we would recommend at least 2-3 days before considering to get the area you want waxed. We would like to see at least half to three quarter inch of hair before we can effectively wax
It's my first time getting waxed does it hurt?
Great question, this is dependent on if you have shaved or not previously. Typically getting waxed for your first time will "hurt" because you would have not felt that kind of pressure on your skin before. After the first session or two pain is minimal, especially with the technique that we utilize to remove your unwanted hairs.
Do you take walk-in appointments?
Yes, we do take in walk-ins.
We do recommend calling us in advance due to double bookings and longer waiting periods if you did not communicate an appointment in advance.
How do I prepare for a waxing session?
- Be Clean: Come in freshly showered.
- Be Dry: Don't oil or lotion, you'll get better results if your skin is less oily.
- Be Relaxed: The more relaxed your muscles are, the better your hair removal.
In what cases should I not get my waxing done?
- Do not wax open sores, new scars, varicose veins, raised moles or mucus membranes. Waxing should not be performed on areas of skin affected by warts, moles or rashes or on skin that is irritated, chapped or suffering from sunburn. Never apply wax to peeling, broken skin or varicose veins.
- Don't wax before your period; not only you are more tender, hormones make hair coarser, making it prone to breaking off. Don't apply any products to skin for several hours before waxing, if possible.
- Do not go into a hot tub or swimming in the ocean right after waxing especially bikini. Heat, chlorine and salt may irritate, sting and feel uncomfortable.
- If you bleed, bruise or have skin that tears easily, waxing may not be the ideal form of hair removal for you. Some physicians do not recommend waxing for persons suffering from diabetes or who have varicose veins or poor circulation as they are more susceptible to infections.
Will I feel irritation after a waxing session?
Some clients experience a slight irritation after waxing lasting a few minutes to a day, depending on skin sensitivity.